Monday, January 16, 2012

Honesty&patience

I'm going to be really honest here. I struggle with having the adequate amount of patience that each situation calls for. It is something I have been working on, but haven't gained tons of headway just yet. Well, tonight is one of the nights I am losing any signs of increased patience.

I officially moved into my apartment in Twin falls Yesterday. I have 5 roommates. Yes, five. It is a saving grace that we each have our own rooms, but....5 girls. Come on.

The girls I live with, a few are very nice. Some...not so nice. The common denominator you ask? They are all YOUNG! I realize that i'm not exactly Bob Barker over here. I'm young too. But these girls are 18. First time being away from their parents. So excited to be making their own rules. Don't have to listen to what anyone says. Young.

My number one complaint. It isn't their lack of respect for shared space. It isn't their refusal to clean up their own mess. It isn't that their Boyfriends are the 7th and 8th tenants in our apartment, yet don't pay rent.

It's the fact that they're SO. FREAKING. LOUD. Boisterous laughing. Resonant arguments. Powerful, swift movements throughout the apartment, leaving no door un-slammed.


Well, tonight as I sit in my room...(and as i've sat in my room since around noon) reading my 101 pages for my first day of classes tomorrow...I am about to go Brittney Spears crazy....



3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Not fun my dear. Don't go crazy until Rach and I can be there to take pictures for the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. You are getting a taste for what Naomi thought about us...it all sounds too familiar. All you have to do is wear flip flops everywhere in the apartment and fry onions at 2:00 in the morning. It will drive them crazy. (I wish I was your roommate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh you don't realize how annoying those kid of girls are until you aren't one of them anymore! Ha ha ha at least next year you will know what girls you don't want to room with! Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete