Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All my...stuff....

So I had a mandatory meeting yesterday for school. It was ridiculously overwhelming to say the least! They threw tons of info at us and still left us with many things unanswered. How Rude!

One of the things they told us at the meeting was some of the "additional" items we would need purchased for the first day of class. Most of the time "additional" items usually mean, an additional binder, or a special calculator. Oh, not so in this situation. we purchased almost $800 worth of "additional" items. One of the items we were to purchase was called a "lab kit." It was full of packaged tubing, syringes, gowns, masks, tracheotomy kits...etc...etc....etc. It also came with cool little vials filled with "practi-powder" for mixing for IV's. I'm pretty excited about those! The other "additional" item we had to purchase was an ATI testing book set. It contained like 9 books and a code to allow for testing throughout the semester. Both the ATI set and the lab kit.....were overly expensive.


I start school on the 17th. It's coming sooo fast! I'm sure I am constantly walking around looking like a Deer in the head lights. Stay tuned for my first day of school....shoot be humerus. Also, get ready for a picture of all my text books. You will like it.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Marissa this is so awesome! I'm super excited for you. Nursing school will be great I'm sure. Good luck to you!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still am in awe that you only took one pair of heels. geez. what has this world come to.

    ReplyDelete