Sunday, February 12, 2012

First Test

I've officially had my first test as a nursing student.
I just about died.
okay, that might be a SLIGHT exagoration...
But I did get muscle spasms from all the stress.

Test numero uno consisted of 
28 chapters.
I'm going to let that marinade in your mind for a moment....

........

yes, you read that correctly. 28 chapters.
The info ranged from ethics to fluid and electrolytes to acid base balances.
I studied my little brain to the near point of explosion.

And honestly, I thought I was going to FAIL. 
Not just like 69% fail....but like 19% fail.
The form of these tests mirror the form of the state boards.
Which, anyone that has taken a state board will know that it is a totally different way of thinking than just normal every day tests.
They will put 1 wrong answer, and 3 correct answers.
They expect you to choose the MOST correct answer.
So i'm still learning to reason that way.

Good news tho, I passed! 
Phew! 
But don't you worry, We have 9 chapters to have read by Monday for Pharmacology.
No big deal.

P.S.....I'm the worlds best flash card maker 




1 comment:

  1. Flash Cards rock. That's how I studied for my tests. I'm proud of you Marissa!!!

    ReplyDelete